Every CD with musical contents means: performing rights society (GEMA) has to be informed about the replication of the media in order to guarantee the rights of each member. Music which is not liable to GEMA either contains a title not declared to GEMA or has an author that is no member of the GEMA.
Whether to declare to GEMA is also relevant, if the music is pressed on DVD or Blu-ray. Generally speaking, these media are liable to the same criteria as a CD. After verification, GEMA issues a dispatch approval which has to be presented before the press shop. The production of your project may already be processed before the approval but not be dispatched without it.
The 6 most important facts
- No errors in the application form
- Upcoming questions are processed by us
- No delay in delivery (adherence to schedules)
- You save time and can concentrate on important issues
- One doesn’t have to be member of the GEMA to produce a CD
- The time for processing the declaration at GEMA is of around 10 working days
- GEMA issues the dispatch approval. The press shop receives it
- Without the dispatch approval the delivery is not allowed
- The minimum license on 100% GEMA-repertoire is of 62 Cent incl. 7% VAT. or 10% of the net sales price (rates for CDs)
- Other rates apply to distributive trades